注册

ADVERTISEMENT

查看: 3425|回复: 22

英语tuition center

[复制链接]
bruce 该用户已被删除
发表于 19-11-2006 03:02 AM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
any recommend?

i really determined to learn a good english.

can u guys recommend which tuition center is better?or can u share me ur experience ?

my fren said all tuituion center cannat help  juz simply becoz he try it all.

so what do u guys think ?hope to listen from u . thank you
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 20-11-2006 06:06 PM | 显示全部楼层
From my own experience,almost every single pusat bimbingan in Malaysia will just give you a set paper of composition,and discuss answers together with you there,and the class dismiss as the time pass.Rm40,it's quite mediocre but i swear most teachers in our government school will never teach things like grammar,listening,speaking,and the format of wrting report,narration and so on.Although they ask us to do,but they never teach us how to do,this is just preposterous.

From what i've seen,i've asked to write report in my club,i just copied everything in past year report,it's tedious you know,we asked to do but no one teach us what to do.

However,for the secondary school,the speaking(oral test) and listening exams.We din't have the knowledge,no practise at all(even there's only 1-2),and we were sitting for the examination.It's quite ridiculous for what our Malaysia syllabus have done.

[ 本帖最后由 darksider 于 20-11-2006 06:07 PM 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

bruce 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 21-11-2006 03:08 AM | 显示全部楼层
yup,that make the education's product(student) like me suffer !

any tuition center recommend then ? any information?

british councel ok ? my fren'fren recommend,but is very expensive .

The British Council is recognised as a world authority on English language teaching. We use this expertise to support the learning and teaching of English in Malaysia . We have general English courses for everyone, from beginner to advanced levels, designed to improve your English writing, speaking, listening and reading. You can choose a course schedule that matches the time you have available to achieve your learning objective. We offer full time and part time courses that run throughout the year.

Fulltime
Full time classes are held either from Mondays to Fridays, OR Tuesdays to Fridays, for 3 hours per day and run for 10 days. They are held either in the mornings (9.30am-12.45pm) or in the afternoons (2.00pm-5.15pm). The maximum number of students in a class is 20. The current fee for one course is RM670.00. We have intakes every 2 weeks.

Part time
Part time classes are held twice a week, 1 1/2 hours per day and for duration of 10 weeks per course. Classes are held either on every Tuesdays and Thursdays OR every Wednesdays and Fridays. We have two sessions, one from 6.15pm-7.45pm and another from 8.00pm-9.30pm. Your classes can be the combination of any of the two days and sessions. The maximum number of students in a class is 20. The current fee for one course is RM670.00.

All students are given a short written and oral test to ensure that they join the most appropriate class for their ability. This is what we call a placement test and costs RM80. This test is run by appointment basis only and you will need to give us a call to make an appointment for your test.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-11-2006 07:41 AM | 显示全部楼层
What's your location?If you're in Penang,i would recommend you BELL language laboratory,i assure you the tutor there teachs more than british council,but if you don't live in penang,you may choose british council.

Now i'm 16 years old and i've registered for FCE examination which includes reading,writing,english in use,speaking and listening.I'm training skills there,because nowaday teachig english is teaching skills.
Knowledge+Practise=skill.Everyone in there study cambridge syllabus and it recognizes by all people over the world.

Everyone's aim there are to step in University.
if you want to learn skills,you've to take FCE(First Certificate in English) which is the intermediate level of cambridge exams,follow by CAE(Certificate Advance English and CPE(Certificate Proficiency English)

FCE will reveals 3 things-your proficiency of english,your determination,and your ability.

But if you want to learn just English,don't take FCE CAE CPE,because it's too epensive.

[ 本帖最后由 darksider 于 21-11-2006 07:48 AM 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

bruce 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 22-11-2006 12:59 AM | 显示全部楼层
too bad, i am from KL....

then how u think of british council?u seem expert on this,so would like to refer ur opinion.do u try b4 tuition in british council ?

how is BELL fees ?compare with British Council...very expensive sometime make me cant make up my mind and really afraid cant get what i expect from the tuition center.I wish to go oversea and wish to study there sometime,so i hope can learn a proper english not singlish...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-11-2006 06:10 AM | 显示全部楼层
I'm not very clear about british council,i've never taken any of them.
My Sir said he has applied british council when he was a middle-aged guy,because he wanted to observe their style of teaching,so he will know what to do in order to make himself a unique laboratory,he told us  he teachs more than british council.

If you just want to study English,don't waste money because british council is very expensive.If you demand skills like communication,writing and so on,apply for british council,otherwise there is no "pusat bimbingan" that teach skills.

FCE courses-RM130/m Examination registration fee-RM400

Teenager in UK particularly will take this examination,so if you pass this exam and take the certificate,you're considered in the par with them.You may have a look to this site
http://www.cambridgeesol.org/exams/fce.htm

[ 本帖最后由 darksider 于 22-11-2006 06:15 AM 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
bruce 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 23-11-2006 12:56 AM | 显示全部楼层
class quite cheap,how many class in a month?but exam fees oso scary.

so all in all, u still recommend british council?coz i truely wan to find a tuition center to improve my language,so tat i can possess a beautiful language to go oversea in the near future.

BC quite expensive ,tats why i keep asking opinion from ppl to know more,esp those who tuition there b4....

any other way to improve language?can u share me ur `secret` ?tq
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-11-2006 06:40 AM | 显示全部楼层
We will get the certificate if we pass the examination.Particularly this certificate recognition goes to some Colleges/Universities/Employers all around the world.

There is only one class for every exam course,because all the space in the schedule have been occupied and my sir always say that he's not greedy.

If you really want to learn english,go for british council since you're live in KL.

The fastest way to up your english level-A experienced tutor takes the crucial role,he is able to bring up your level higher up just like mine teacher(very serious teacher).

A good determination must be possesed too,if you have this in your traits,there is no more failure in your life,my friend.

Start thinking by using english is a good choice.Watch news,read newspaper,and listen to the radio is very effcient for an english learner.If you don't know the meaning of words,check it out.Get a good thesaurus so that you can widen your range of vocabulary.I'm using FAMILY WORD FINDER Which published by RD(Reader's Digest)

You must speak with good accent.Try to read articles everyday,if you dont know the pronunciation...www.answers.com will help you,just search a word and click the speaker icon.

Those who can speak,can write.
Those who can write,doesn't mean they can speak.

You must master grammar before you want to speak english.If your grammar is good,there is no problem for you to speak continuously without stoppages,and with a range of vocabulary,you're able to speak elegently now.

[ 本帖最后由 darksider 于 25-12-2006 12:56 PM 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

bruce 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 25-11-2006 03:11 AM | 显示全部楼层
thank alot,i really learn alot from u and i so appreciate .ok i will try all ur approach.some of them i m doing currently and praticing it everyday.

i think i will go for british council after listen to ur advice.yes,i agree with u 2,to learn a good english we must have a good and experienced tutor,this is vital and crucial.

thanks~~~~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-12-2006 02:07 AM | 显示全部楼层
Darksider

are u an english teacher?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-12-2006 09:00 AM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 cutiepanda85 于 24-12-2006 02:07 AM 发表
Darksider

are u an english teacher?

Im a full-time student.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-12-2006 09:40 PM | 显示全部楼层
对不起,打岔一下,这个帖子允许我们用英文发言么?为什么你们用英文回复?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-12-2006 11:16 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 darksider 于 24-12-2006 09:00 AM 发表

Im a full-time student.

ic. But ur english is damn good...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-12-2006 12:41 AM | 显示全部楼层
chinese saying:名師出高徒
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-12-2006 01:07 AM | 显示全部楼层
我还想叫你帮我补习,因为我英文太差了。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-12-2006 12:53 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 cutiepanda85 于 25-12-2006 01:07 AM 发表
我还想叫你帮我补习,因为我英文太差了。

學英文的第一步:Grammar.
Use the search button,find my post-tense formulae.
http://www.englishpage.com/
參考這個,你一定收益不淺。

www.answers.com -查pronunciation
                -thesaurus
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 15-9-2007 06:25 PM | 显示全部楼层
WAU,GET ALOT OF INFO HERE ,TQ.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-9-2007 08:36 PM | 显示全部楼层
No..Tuition center help you nothing.
Maybe exercise books might help you of some basic thingys

Why don't you simply make sure of your connection at home  leh~~?
Surf the net,anything that you are interested and as long as it's english based.
Get a dictionary beforehand
No.not that think one www.lingoes.net

[ 本帖最后由 .:.阿叻.:. 于 15-9-2007 08:37 PM 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-1-2008 10:34 AM | 显示全部楼层

UPSR,PMR,SPM,STPM HOME TUITION

TuitionWave.com provides a professional and caring service with support and advice whenever needed, and to carefully match tutors and students so that tuition is an enjoyable and rewarding experience for everyone.
Our tutors come from all over the nation and all walks of life. Some are certified teachers, some are graduate school students, others are working professionals willing to share their expertise in their chosen field. When you run a search, you can view the experience and qualifications of each tutor that matches your criteria.
Please contact  Victor 012-3022136 or e-mail erekit83@yahoo.com to state your preferences. We will do our best to arange a suitable tutor to you as soon as possible.
*tutors wanted too.
Please visit http://www.tuitionwave.com
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 1-2-2008 06:04 PM | 显示全部楼层
我还以为我进错网站
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 人文空间

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 27-4-2024 12:26 AM , Processed in 0.073749 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.