表乱讲。。。
个人觉得吧了。。。
不好看等下我被人shoot

我帮你shoot回他
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-9-2009 12:39 PM | 显示全部楼层
Managing MBO

MBO's Chief Operating Officer (COO) Ikmal Nizam Ariffin poses outside MBO Cineplex at The Spring Kuching. PHOTOS: LESTER GERES

By Antonia Chiam

The highly-anticipated cinema is finally here. MBO at The Spring drew crowds of movie-goers on its opening day and with each passing day, sees the steady influx of patrons through its newly-opened doors. Kuching City has not seen such grandeur in the interior of a commercial building for a long time.

As Kuching folks continue to rave about the posh and opulently-decorated 8-screen cineplex, Chief Operating Officer (COO) Ikmal Nizam Ariffin and his staff were seen busying themselves to give the best movie experience for their patrons.

Eastern Times managed to catch up with the KL-based Nizam, as he prefers to be called, for a quick chat recently.

Tell us a little about yourself and how you got into the cinema business.
It's a long story, but to make it really short, I was previously an architect by profession. MBO opened its first outlet in Ampang in 2005. As a part of its expansion plan, I was given an offer that I couldn't refuse and I joined them in late 2006.

Do you watch movies at MBO? What are some of your favourite movies?
Yes, of course I do watch movies at our own outlets, usually with family and friends. My favourite movies include The Usual Suspects and Hook.

What do you do in your daily work as a COO?
I basically manage the day-to-day operations of the outlets. If I'm not busy dealing with human resources, planning and quality control matters, I will be in meetings. I go around the various outlets at least one to two times a month.

What are some of the challenges you face in your work?
Dealing with the staff. The HQ personnel are fine, but some of the ground staff tend to be simple-minded and it can be very difficult trying to get my points across to them. It's a challenge to me because I'm in a customer-oriented business and I think communication and employee relations are very important.

With many options available to view entertainment these days, including pirated movies, why should people still go to the cinemas?
You don't get the same effects and sound systems if you buy those pirated DVDs. People still appreciate the cinematic atmosphere, so they will surely still go and watch movies at cinemas.

Why should people go to MBO Cinemas?
MBO has a different concept from the rest. We are a very new company compared to some of the bigger and more well-known chains. However, we do not compromise on quality and experience even though we are small. Our concept is more family-oriented. We target suburban and rural areas, which is why you don't see us in major shopping malls over in West Malaysia. Also, we have a 3D digital projector hall, the only cinema in East Malaysia to offer such technology.

Talk a bit about MBO's themes and designs for the respective outlets. Where did the company draw inspirations from?
As I mentioned, we are family-oriented. So our themes and designs are very much fun and colourful. We try to give each of our outlets a vibrant feel and a comfort level that appeal to people of all ages. The designs are mostly done by our CEO Toh Kim Hock, while I helped out with the floorspace design. We are movie-goers ourselves, so we understand what customers look, such as leg space and so on.

We couldn't help but noticed the use of different speakers in the different halls.
We use state-of-the-art Dolby Digital Surround EX system. The speakers we use depend on the size or capacity of the hall. For the bigger halls, JBL four-way systems are used, while smaller halls use the KCS (Kelonik Cinema Sound) 3-way systems.

Outsiders would think working in the cinema business is fun and glamorous. Care to share any bad experience you have in this line?

It boils down to employee relations again. I have experienced staff who just didn't turn up for work one day and then appeared after couple of days without giving notice of their absence. This kind of behaviour is bad for daily operations. Another thing, in the process of setting up here in Kuching, we got overpriced quotations of building materials from the local suppliers. We are not inexperienced in building and construction, so we knew. It seems like there is a kind of misguided mentality and practice that West Malaysian companies must be charged higher than the norm.

That happens, sadly. So how many times have you been to Kuching? How do you find it?
Since March this year, I think I've been here about seven times already. I love the food here, especially the Sarawak Laksa and the Kolo Mee, the halal version, of course! Then there are the friendly people and the laid-back pace of life that we don't get in KL.

Any last words before we take up too much of your time?
I have to say, opening a cinema is easy. However, the maintenance of it is another thing. We need to take care and upkeep the place when and as necessary. For example, our fully-carpeted halls. Depending on wear and tear, we might have to change the carpets after two years. This is to ensure the ambience of the cinema is continuously attractive and appealing to our patrons.

A sophisticated set-up of the ticketing counter.

A very nice touch to the cinema's interior decor.

An opulent stairway leading to the movie halls.

Classy entrance into the movie hall.

Comfortable seats in one of the bigger halls.

Posters of upcoming movies and those already showing.

Hall 1 makes you feel like you're in a grand opera theatre.

The Digital Hall has the most number of seats.

新闻来源:Eastern Times
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-9-2009 01:13 PM | 显示全部楼层
这些排场还是看一次赞一次
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-9-2009 04:24 PM | 显示全部楼层
是咯,是咯
不然得拨电话去询问,花钱又不方便     
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-9-2009 05:53 PM | 显示全部楼层
以前在西马看3D好像没有MBO rm20这么贵, LFS多少钱?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-9-2009 06:11 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 satmy 于 20-9-2009 05:53 PM 发表
以前在西马看3D好像没有MBO rm20这么贵, LFS多少钱?

LFS没3D
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 20-9-2009 06:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 chinafish2000 于 20-9-2009 06:11 PM 发表

LFS没3D

富丽华那个贴又说我们也会放映3D G force
其实西马没有一间LFS有3D
他疯了是吗?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-9-2009 07:32 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 prosibu 于 20-9-2009 06:57 PM 发表

富丽华那个贴又说我们也会放映3D G force
其实西马没有一间LFS有3D
他疯了是吗?

别担心,Riverside次阶段工程将会陆续展开,到时就会有3D银幕了
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-9-2009 07:46 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 chunping 于 20-9-2009 03:44 PM 发表
版主,你怎样把MBO那些图片放过来的?早上去Eastern Times网站时我本来想把访问报道和图片放去一个英文论坛,但想到要一个一个的去copy image url我就怕。 有没有更快的方法?
我想趁星期三去看G-Force,希 ...

关于转载新闻的照片,我都是下载了所有照片然后再上传去各大空间站的哦。。。
等待MBO官网更新之后就会放上价格了

原帖由 prosibu 于 20-9-2009 06:57 PM 发表

富丽华那个贴又说我们也会放映3D G force
其实西马没有一间LFS有3D
他疯了是吗?

新闻只是提到LFS也会播映由Disney Pictures制作的3D G-Force动画片,并没有说他们的电影院会播放3D的G-Force。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-9-2009 09:04 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复 2977# PS3FAN2005 的帖子

3D G-Force是什么?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 20-10-2024 04:03 PM , Processed in 0.151204 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.