注册

ADVERTISEMENT

查看: 1255|回复: 6

英文书读起来很慢

[复制链接]
发表于 15-4-2006 06:24 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
i don't know about others, for myself
i find i can only finished about 40 pages (A4 size)of my textbook a day

many words and phrases are strange to me.  consequently, very often I have to slowdown to comprehend, and because it is textbook and I read it for exam, so I cannot guess the meaning and leave it long.

May I ask how about your speed on reading if not newspaper or fiction,  but something important
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 15-4-2006 07:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
hmm...let me see here...
my speed of reading?
roughly i would say that i can finish a story book or a novel of, say, 1000 pages in a couple of hours...
constant reading with little distractions...
bowever, when it comes to reading other article of most important, my speed...
slowed down a little...reading something legal documents, contracts...
which needs more concentration and comprehension would definitely take up times..
so, i guess, it is totally normal if your speed of reading has a sudden drop when reading these reading materials...it is totally okay...

*though i have read through tony buzan's speed reading and tried some of the techniques suggested in that book, little advancements have i done...barely noticeable...sadly...
回复

使用道具 举报

anonimo 该用户已被删除
发表于 15-4-2006 08:38 PM | 显示全部楼层
xbadx, studying something important isn't about speed. Instead, it's more on your comprehension of your text. I suggest that you look up the dictionary when you're reading or write down all the words that you don't know in a piece of paper and look up the dictionary after that. After some time, you'll know more words and consequently, your speed of reading will increase. But, honestly, reading 40 pages of textbook a day is really fast because I can only read a couple of pages a day Because I feel sleepy whenever I open up my textbook.

To me, when I'm reading something important, non-fiction et cetera, I'll have the tendency to slow down. Besides, when I start reading a new novel, my speed will decrease in order to understand the development of the story. But, when it comes to the suspense or conflict in the novel, I'll pick up speed. Frankly, I read pretty slow because I have a short attention span

Someone once told me not to use our finger to point the particular line or word that we're reading because this'll slow things down.

P/S: reading 1000 pages in a couple of hours is awesome. How do you do that, illusions? Any special techniques? Mind sharing it here?
回复

使用道具 举报

simpleblogger 该用户已被删除
发表于 15-4-2006 09:42 PM | 显示全部楼层
hehe... seem like we can use English to respond to any posts here without being penalised huh? gd! gd!

well... on average, my reading aint fast... i wud say it is dependent on the types of reading materials.

take the example of a novel (e.g. kane and abel by jefferey archer) hehe, i need about 2 to 3 days time to finish the whole book...my concentration span is kinda short.

as for a reference text, it would take me about 4 -5 hours to finish a chapter of roughly 50 - 60 pages? again, it is just a rough figure.

"xbadx, studying something important isn't about speed. Instead, it's more on your comprehension of your text. " i totally agree to this.. it is what and how much u are able 2 understand from what u read that matter.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 17-4-2006 05:53 AM | 显示全部楼层
speed reading skills will help to improve your reading speed.
回复

使用道具 举报

anonimo 该用户已被删除
发表于 17-4-2006 08:12 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 simpleblogger 于 15-4-2006 09:42 PM 发表
hehe... seem like we can use English to respond to any posts here without being penalised huh? gd! gd!

well... on average, my reading aint fast... i wud say it is dependent on the types of readi ...

Huh?! We will be penalised for using English?! By the way, how do they count the marks? And what are they for?
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
发表于 21-4-2006 11:36 AM | 显示全部楼层
Excuse me? 40 pages a day is not slow... since textbook is always boring!!! hahaha~~

It took me one hour to read 5 pages of my Cell and Molecular Biology textbook~~ I read like a running snail~~ hahahahahaha~~
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 人文空间

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 29-9-2024 10:16 PM , Processed in 0.104140 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.