等一下!

事件已經圓滿解決!

請看作者本人的稿子!

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com ... re-than-just-pizza/

When I got more than just pizza
Anthony SB Thanasayan |         November 1, 2013

當我獲得比區區一片比薩更多的時候

安東尼 SB 塔納沙顏 2013年11月1日

I appreciated Pizza Hut telling me that what happened had been extremely difficult and painful for them too as it was for me.

當必勝客公司高層對我說, 該發生在我身上的歧視事件其實對他們也是一樣的無比痛心以及艱難時,我感到釋然。

It has been quite a lengthy and unbelievable week for me; even though it hasn’t ended yet.

這星期對我來說是真的漫長和不可思議,即使它還沒完結。

As I pen my thoughts, it will be All Hallows’ Eve or Halloween later tonight. And in a couple of days – the Festival of Lights or Deepavali, celebrated by Hindus the world over, will come on.

就在我提筆寫出我的感想時,今晚就是萬聖節的時候,而數天過後,世界各地的興都教徒們熱烈慶祝的節日-屠妖節也將會來臨。

Funnily enough, I can think of nothing more apt than these two occasions to best describe the most unexpected and larger than life week I’ve had in less than seven days.

好笑的是,我除了這兩大節日之外,就再也無法找出任何能更好的形容我在不到七天內就遇到種種最無法預見的狀況。

And all I wanted to do was to have some pizza for lunch. A very bad choice indeed for the first day of the week on a Monday!

我只不過午餐時想吃一些比薩罷了。 在這個星期的第一天也就是星期一來說,實在是最糟糕不過的決定啊!

Many of you know the story already. My nightmare in Pizza Hut, Mid Valley, began with unfriendly waiters – who might as well have been daytime ghouls at work in aprons.

你們大家應該都是到事情的來龍去脈了。我在谷中城必勝客的惡夢,始於不友善的侍者-也很可能是在白天穿著圍裙工作的幽靈。

The manager turned out to be a proper “zombie” herself who instructed me to leave my wheelchair outside of the outlet and walk in; if I hoped to sink my “fangs” into any one of her mouth-watering pizzas.

當她叫我離開輪椅,把輪椅留在外面,“走入”餐廳的時候,那位女經理真的是不折不扣的“喪屍” - 如果我想把我的牙齒咬在她們引以為傲,令人垂涎欲滴的比薩上的話。

And it just got horrifyingly bad to worse from there.

之後事情惡化到無與倫比。

A friend who tagged along with me, the customer care head from Mid Valley who rushed to the scene after I had SOS-ed him for help and I literally gasped disbelievingly after we were told something even far worse than something that could have emerged out of Dracula’s Castle.

我致電一位在該購物商場任職客服部門主任的男性朋友到場協,而她給我們倆的回答比在吸血鬼古堡會蹦出來的惡煞還更加可惡,令我倒抽一口冷氣,無法置信。

The icy cold words were: “The ‘no wheelchair rules’ were authorised by the top management.”

那冷冰冰的回覆是:““禁止輪椅條例”是上級許可的。”

They might as well have let out a colony of wild and starving vampire bats at us. My able-bodied friend and I quickly got the message.

他們還不如把一整個洞穴的吸血蝙蝠拋向我們更好。我那肢體正常的朋友和我馬上明白了。

We decided to take our hungry tummies and wallets to Secret Recipe instead, where we got promptly served, wheelchair and all, minus the horror house treatment.

我們把我們飢餓的胃和錢包移至SECRET RECIPE。我們獲得身為顧客應有的待遇,輪椅可以進入,也免了去鬼屋般的折磨。

But I tell you something. Even if you have been in a wheelchair for as long as I have – 43 years – and 53 years as a disabled person, something will still give in such situations.

不過讓我來告訴你們一件事。即使你們像我依靠輪椅一樣久-43年-而我身為一名53歲了的殘障人士,有些東西還是會感觸良深。

I recall crying myself to sleep that night (yes, grown men and councillors do, in fact, cry sometimes!).

我記得我當晚睡前真的為受到的屈辱而哭了。(是的,大男人和市議員有時也會哭的!)

Despite having struggled as a boy in a wheelchair against every obstacle imaginable in my way over the years to the present day, this was the first time I recall someone audaciously telling me that not only was my body not good enough for them, I had to lose my wheelchair as well if I wanted to have a piece of their pizza!

儘管在孩提時代就已經和輪椅為伍,突破種種遇到的挫折與障礙直到今天的我,還是第一次記得有人不單我的身體不夠看,還厚顏無恥的膽敢叫我爲了吃他們的一片比薩而必須放棄我的輪椅!

No matter how strong a disabled activist one regards himself to be, guess it is never easy for anyone to take things when one is hit very hard from down below the belt.

無論一名殘障者權益鬥士如何認為自己多麼堅強,我想不是每個人能承受得起被狗眼看人低的痛苦。

Then, I did the other thing I normally do when I am down.

之後,我我做了通常會在情緒低落時會做的事。

Tears of joy
喜悅的淚水

I decided to talk about it with my friends in the social media. By the next morning, I was crying again. But this time it was distinct tears of joy.

我決定在社交網絡上和朋友們傾訴這件事。隔天早上,我又哭了。不過這次是因為喜悅的淚水。

I couldn’t believe how the few words I wrote in my blog had overnight gone viral.

我不敢相信我在部落格上留下的隻言片語竟然一夜之間引起那麼大的迴響。

Soon everyone, including the mainstream media, were calling me up for the story.

很快的,所有人,包括主流媒體的朋友們,紛紛打電話要求訪問我。

The calls also came from Pizza Hut Malaysia who requested for an urgent meeting to find out what had happened. A meeting was agreedon Wednesday morning that lasted three and the half hours.

大馬必勝客也致電慰問,并要求舉行一個緊急會面,好厘清事件來龍去脈。該會議訂在星期三上午,耗時3個半小時。

Together with a couple of my friends – including the one who was with me during the ordeal on Monday, I met up with the following persons: Senior General Manager Low Kang Moon, Deputy General Manager Lim Siew Lay and Deputy GM Group Corporate Communication Wan Esuriyanti Wan Ahmad.

和我同行的有兩位朋友,包括那位事發時見證了一切的朋友,我見到了以下人士: 高級總經理LOW KANG MOON,副總經理LIM SIEW LAY和集團公司公關部門副總經理WAN ESURIYANTI WAN AHMAD。

I insisted that we meet at the “scene of the crime” which was in their Mid Valley outlet. This was because I wanted to show them firsthand what had transpired there.

我堅持到事發現場,也就是他們位於谷中城的分部了解情況。這是爲了要還原真相。

I also showed them the area where I wanted to be seated when I was rudely and sternly told by one of the waitress that my “wheelchair wouldn’t fit in there.”

我也向他們展示我當天原本想要坐的席位,就是在那時我被侍應生無禮的指出我的輪椅無法被容納。

In actual fact, at least more than half a dozen wheelchairs could easily park in there along with able-bodied customers.

其實,那處地方不止能放半打輪椅, 還能許多肢體健全的顧客一起用餐。

We moved to another venue in a hotel to have our discussion. I was a bit tensed wondering how the Pizza Hut officials were going to react to me.

我們再度移到一間酒店去延續我們的討論。我對必勝客高層人員可能對我的態度和反應感到有點緊張。

What a relief it turned out to be. They were not at all defensive or uttered a sarcastic remark to me during the time that I related the whole episode to them.

令人慶倖的是,在我述說事情的來龍去脈時,他們一點也沒有狡辯或對我冷嘲熱諷之意。

They listened patiently and intently – one of them diligently taking down notes of what I said.

他們耐心的聆聽 - 其中一位人員還記下我說的每一句話。

In fact it looked as if she was noting down each and every word.

她真的是用心在記錄我每個字眼,每個句子。

They never gave any excuses for what happened. They only sincerely and unequivocally apologised for everything.

他們沒給任何藉口。他們只有真誠的道歉。

Looking at their faces, I could see that they were rather shocked themselves at what they had heard from me. Some of them even glanced at the floor a couple of times, as if in embarrassment.

看著他們的面孔,我可以看到他們也是相當的驚訝。有些還看著地板幾次,似乎十分尷尬。

Although they didn’t put their staff down even once, they never gave excuses, justified or condoned any of their actions. I was glad to hear, though, that the manager was already “on leave.”

雖然他們沒有責備任何員工,他們也沒為該不恰當言行做出任何辯解。我很欣慰的看到,那位分店經理已經“休假”。

I told them that she needed counselling on her obvious prejudicial, totally unsympathetic and ignorant attitude about disabled persons. They nodded.

我告訴他們, 那位經理需要為她的缺乏同理心和傲慢態度進行輔導。他們點頭同意。

The Pizza Hut management did not interrupt me at all whilst I was talking.

在我說話的時候, 他們根本沒打斷我說話。

In fact, it was me who interrupted Mr Low (who insisted that I call him “Moon” and kept joking about his name) when he remarked that his store manager had made a “mistake.”

其實, 反而是MR LOW(他堅持要我稱呼他為MOON)說他的分店經理犯錯時,我打斷了他的說辭。

I said,“With due respect a ‘mistake’ Moon is if someone spills ketchup on you whilst they are serving you; not when they tell you wheelchairs are not allowed in the restaurant especially if people can’t get around without them.”

我說,“MOON, 請讓我懷著敬意對你說,“犯錯”是當侍應不小心在上菜時把番茄汁灑在你身上才算;而不是刻意跟你說輪椅不能進入餐廳以免妨礙到其他人。”

I made a number of suggestions to Pizza Hut that day which they said they would seriously look into.

我在那天對必勝客高層做出以下建議。

These include the pasting of wheelchair logos in all Pizza Hut outlets with the words, “We love wheelchairs! Come on in!”, to creating a new policy where patrons with wheelchairs and other physical disabilities will be seated and attended to at once.

對各分行都貼上“我們喜愛輪椅!快進來吧!”的帖子,這是爲了製造新的條規:讓所有殘障人士都能獲得即時的座位和服務。

The most important was special training on handling disabled customers to all staff about those who require mobility aids like wheelchairs, walking sticks, strollers and so on. They not only took this suggestion up very positively but also invited me into a special team that they will set up very soon to carry this out.

最重要的則是對全體工作人員進行如何接待需要特別設備如輪椅,拐杖等殘障人士的特別訓練。 他們不止正面的接納了這份建議,還邀請我加入他們即將設立的特別小組。

I also asked for special discounts for disabled persons with welfare identification cards – especially for home deliveries. Able-bodied customers – unlike the disabled – enjoy the privilege of having a choice if want to eat out or call for pizzas at home.

我也要求他們對擁有社會福利識別卡的殘障人士們給予特別折扣 - 尤其是外送服務。這是因為健全肢體的顧客們 -不像殘障朋友們-能自由的選擇在家中或外頭享用比薩。

As councillor for the Petaling Jaya City Council or MBPJ, I also offered free technical advice from our engineers on how to make their outlets in PJ disabled friendly such as wheelchair friendly ramps and toilets.

身為靈市市議員的一份子,我也免費為他們提供我們市政局工程師的建議,來如何讓他們的分店加入對殘障朋友們友善的店面設計,如轉為殘障人士使用的廁所及斜坡等。

I also suggested they build covered car parks in all of their outlets in PJ – and MBPJ, on its part would do its best to allocate the special lots for them.

我也建議他們在靈市範圍內所有分店的停車場加建雨蓋,如果能盡力提供特別泊車位則更好。

I appreciated Pizza Hut telling me that what happened had been extremely difficult and painful for them too as it was for me.

當必勝客公司高層對我說, 該發生在我身上的歧視事件其實對他們也是一樣的無比痛心以及艱難時,我感到釋然。

They kept thanking me for my “very useful feedback” which they said was invaluable in helping them serve customers with special needs better in future.

他們不停的感謝我的“使用建議”,並說我協助了他們,在未來能更好的服務有特別需要的顧客。

I told them that despite the unfortunate incident that had taken place, I had never lost my confidence in the goodness of most Malaysians – namely the hundreds of people out there on Facebook, Twitter and others whom I don’t even know, who were encouraging me on during my ordeal.

我告訴他們,即使該不愉快事件發生后,我從沒對大多數馬來西亞人民的善意失去信心 ---尤其是在面子書上,推特上, 那些我甚至素未謀面的朋友們給我的支持與鼓勵。

I was deeply touched not only by the messages of support and love sent to me by strangers from all walks of life and ages, but I was also very moved by the comments of support they were posting at the same time on Pizza Hut Malaysia’s Facebook page.

這些來自各階層及各年齡的網友們給予我的支持留言讓我深受感動。

The victory of light over darkness was what it was for all of us in learning our lessons – and experiencing the turning of something initially very nasty and negative into a point for understanding, healing, love, forgiveness and most importantly of moving forward in creating a better world for the disabled.

光明戰勝黑暗,意思就是我們都能學到教訓 - 把負面和凶惡的事情轉變成諒解,友愛,原諒和最重要的;向一個能更加包容殘障人士的世界邁進。

I thank all my new friends out there in the social media, as well as my newfound friends in Pizza Hut Malaysia’s top brass for joining together in this important struggle to fight against discrimination towards people with disabilities.

我衷心感謝我在社交媒體上及包括必勝客高層所認識的新朋友們,一同和我攜手對抗歧視殘障人士現象的鬥爭。

Happy Deepavali all!

祝大家屠妖節快樂!

翻譯:玩具熊
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-11-2013 08:32 PM | 显示全部楼层
建议大家还素少吃皮萨比较好。。。 因为估计皮萨应该有很多“反式脂肪”,素一个不健康滴食物。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-11-2013 10:15 PM | 显示全部楼层
Pizza hut是我唯一black list的牌子
面粉和饼料的比例是10:1不说,价钱高也就算了
一个因为搞不清楚客户地址而私自挂断客户电话的customer service说明了他们管理和员工训练有多么的烂

要吃pizza有canandian, dominos, papa john,为何要选择这个烂餐厅
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-11-2013 12:44 AM | 显示全部楼层
这条规是全部的pizza hut 分店都有的吗?希望不会那样。 如是没有那就boycott那间就好了:) 其实看轻或歧视他人的人,他自己才是应该被人看轻的人。
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 27-9-2024 10:33 AM , Processed in 0.081029 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.